Monday, October 17, 2005

Better late than never...


So it took some time for me to write a new entry in my blog. I guess I over estimated my output of articles, but what the hey!

This weekend we went to a friends cabin in the mountains, and brought 250g of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffe. We didn't have a grinder but the ground beans kept well the whole trip and it was great coffee! I've read a lot about Yirgacheffe and had high expectations, and they came through.

Many consider Yirgacheffe to be the finest of Ethiopian coffee, and I can't disagree. It has a rich body and a floral bouquet (I thought I smelled some lavender in there somewhere) and smooth mellowness.

The barista at the coffeebar where I bought the Yirgacheffe also recommended an Ethiopian Harar which had a surprisingly distinct smell of wild berries, but in the end I opted for the Yirgacheffe.

The next time around I'll buy whole beans and grind them per serving (since I have a grinder at home). I think that will make it taste even better.

(I lifted the map above from another website... Hopefully they don't mind.)

3 comments:

the hotspot said...

Hey, you sure got a super blog here. Very interesting stuff. I've already put a book mark on it.

Pity I spend so much time blog-surfing that I often neglect my own. Silly me. :) But its so adictive.

Anyway, a lot of people are trying to make cash online nowadays, so I thought I'd help you out with a site that has some great tools.

The Best Internet Money Site

Not bad to sit around doing nothing while your bank balance keeps growing. :)

Emily Santiago said...

Get started today
Showcase your unique perspective, on-the-job experiences, and career successes in front of a global IT audience.
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Mark said...

ok, i guess that i'll make the first non-spam comment here. i like the coffee photos, and hope that you and your family are well. sorry that i've been out of touch. after production ends, hopefully life will return to normal.

btw, i can get you cheap medication, software, find crazed horny locals in your area, and a bunch of gibberish in characters that can't be deciphered.